What we Believe
- Jesus is the centre of all we do and are.
- Churches should be transforming communities.
- Everyone can grow as people:- spiritually, intellectually, physically and emotionally
- Everyone has something to contribute to the wider community
- All Christians need to show Jesus in the way we live and be prepared to lead others to Jesus.
Methodists treasure our place in the universal church of Jesus Christ.
We affirm the revelation of God in the Bible as the supreme rule for faith and practice.
We accept the creeds and the principles of the protestant reformation.
We believe that:
- God is uniquely revealed in the person of Jesus Christ
- everyone needs to know God for themselves (needs to be saved) .
- everyone can know God for themselves (can be saved)
- everyone can know that they are saved (assurance)
- everyone can be saved completely (made perfect)
We believe in the importance of lay leadership.
Methodists love to sing of our faith.